- You must make sure that any use you make of the website is lawful and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any person. You may not copy, modify, distribute, or make any other use of the content of the website without the written consent of CEW.
- The features of the website may allow users to communicate with one another and to submit material to the website (“User Content”). Your use of those features must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. We will have an unrestricted and irrevocable right to use and modify User Content submitted to the site.
- Parts of the website are only available to users who have registered with us. If you are provided with a user ID or password as part of our registration process, you must keep that information confidential and not disclose it to any third party. We can disable your user ID or password at any time if we think you haven’t complied with these Website Terms.
- These Website Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and you submit irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales courts.
Acceptable Use Policy
- You are responsible for your User Content and the consequences of submitting that content to the CEW website. Although we encourage you to express your opinion and have open discussions with other CEW members, please be responsible, respectful and polite to our other users at all times, even if you disagree with them.
- We do not endorse, and are not responsible for, User Content, its accuracy, completeness, usefulness or safety.
- We cannot guarantee that access to the CEW website will be uninterrupted and error-free or that the CEW website and its servers are free from viruses, bugs or other malicious software. Material on the CEW website, or on any other website accessed via the CEW website (including the Social Sites), may not be accurate, complete or current. You use the CEW website and any User Content entirely at your own risk. The CEW website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. All warranties, conditions or terms, other than those expressly set out in these Website Terms, are excluded to the extent permitted by law. In the case of a statutory term which cannot be excluded CEW limits its liability to re-performance of the relevant service or to the cost of such re-performance.
- To the extent permitted by law, CEW will have no liability, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, liability or expense you may suffer or incur in connection with access to or use of the CEW website, the Social Sites or their respective features and content.
- You promise that:
- you will have access the CEW website, the Social Sites and their respective features and content only for the purpose of personal use and will not make any commercial use of them;
- you waive all moral rights in respect of any User Content submitted to us;
- nothing in the User Content is false, inaccurate or misleading, defamatory, obscene, abusive, indecent, hateful, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening, contains a personal attack, offensive, incites racial, cultural or religious hatred, impersonates or appears to impersonate any other person, is in contempt of court, violates any law or rights (including privacy and intellectual property rights of any third party), encourages conduct that would amount to a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability, is otherwise objectionable or anything else we consider inappropriate;
- User Content does not contain any virus or other malicious code, adware, spy ware or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any data or adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- you will not attempt to attack or gain access to the CEW website or its servers;
- you will not submit any material which results in the transmission of junk email, chain letters, surveys, contests, pyramid selling schemes, multiple, repetitive or unsolicited messages or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”, URLS, solicitations and advertisements by other organisations or endorsements of other products, services or organisations; and
- you will not contribute User Content or use names to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us.
- We may edit, move or remove any User Content at our discretion.
- It will be our sole decision whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy. Where we believe there is a breach of the Acceptable Use Policy, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
Last updated: May 2019